Friday, January 5, 2018

2017 Finish-A-Long :: Q4 Finishes

So it's time to report in for Q4 of the 2017 Finish-A-Long! I am happy to say I finished 4 for 5 this quarter, and the only reason I feel badly about number 5 not being finished is because I let it get the best of me. I don't like that feeling, but it's the reality, and I think this month (quarter?) I'll finally be able to face it. I sure hope so.

But still,  I did finish 4 projects on my list, and I'm perfectly satisfied with that.

1. First up was Venti, second in my series of tumbler quilts. 



I was actually midway through quilting at the beginning of the quarter, so a finish was pretty predictable. This one was an experiment in value, and I fully expect more such experiments and tumbler quilt in my future, tho not necessarily in the same project.



2.  There were just a handful of improv spikes when I added this project to my list, all created from my scrap basket.



spikey was the happy result. I really enjoyed these improv blocks and the crazy scrappy palette. In finishing it, I tried a new-to-me quilting design that felt a perfect match for those spikes.



3.  For a few years now, I've made my own everyday bags, and this time, the Traverse bag  by noodlehead called my name.



Working with my fabric choices and the hardware I purchased right from noodlehead made this bag a joy to sew together. I made the large version, and I've found it so roomy, I haven't even used the pockets under that snapped flap, but I do love the look!



4. And finally, just in the nick of time, I finished my Minimal Day Sampler, the Seattle MQG 
block of the month project last year.



I hadn't appliqued in so long, I pretty much devoured each month's block assignment. And it felt great having this as my first finish  of the year.



Soooo.... one big, challenging project will carry over on my Q1 list, and the rest remains to be seen! If you'd like to join the Finish-A-Long for 2018, here's all the info. It's a fun, low-pressure way to keep moving on those works in progress!

Linking up with the 2017 Finish-A-Long Q4 linky. 

8 comments:

  1. great finishes! I'm so glad I bowed out of Q4! I did do some quilting/sewing but none of it was really planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all such beautiful finishes. Having a quilt get the best of you isn't a fun feeling, but sometimes they need to marinate for the right inspiration or verve to dive in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hall Console Tables - Buy Wooden Console Tables Online in India
    Buy Wooden Hall Console Tables Online in India. Buy wild range of Wooden Hall Console Tables, Wooden Console Tables and Sheesham Wood Console Table at timbertaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great finishes! I can’t wait to see what ends up happening with the challenging quilt after it’s time-out is over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great quarter Deb! Such a fun variety of projects, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job completing each and everyone. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love following your makes. And I am impressed by the ones you finished this quarter. I loved the Venti and Spikes one :) Wishing you the best of luck with the elusive No. 5 in the next quarter! xo

    PS: The link to looking up appears broken. You might want to fix it :)

    ReplyDelete