Friday, August 5, 2016

Mini Log Cabin

Preoccupied with the Crosscut Quilt-Along, I totally forgot to share about trying Nicole/mama love quilts' Mini Log Cabin pattern. The paper-pieced block is just 3 1/2" unfinished, with logs measuring a scant 1/4". Even with the small size, this went together really easily considering it was paper-piecing.


Before I knew it - seriously, in barely over an hour - I had four blocks, entirely made from scraps. Fun, but that was enough for now....


Just perfect for a new mug rug for my desk at work.



Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday.

15 comments:

  1. cute! log cabins of all varieties seem to be the new "in" block. this would be a fun one to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vibrant colors. Beautiful Mug Rug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really need to dig through my solids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright, brilliant, and fun coaster for work! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rest my mug on that. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use those little blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini log cabin quilt is such a beauty, the reduced quilting fits pertect to the modern design! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Are you going to bring it to Sew and Tell? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very cute! And wouldn't it make a glorious quilt (with lots of patience I guess) Thank you for joining up with #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I guess lots of patience is required!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely Debbie. Your colour choice just perfect! I must dash off to my fabric stash.....

    ReplyDelete